Calling All Professionals
Are you new to HPER as a profession, OR have you been in it for a while and would like to add some adventure to your professional career? Are you interested in contributing your talents to a professional organization? Do you want to do more that just attend workshops and conferences? If you are, consider joining the HAHPERD Board for the upcoming school year 2016-2017. The Hawaii Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance is seeking nominations for the Board.
Benefits from being on the Board include opportunities to …
- network with colleagues with similar interests.
- raise your level of professionalism through this volunteer experience.
- contribute to the professional growth of others (coordinating workshops and conferences, advocating for HPER, etc.).
- develop leadership skills.
- network with other professionals at state, district and national levels.
- develop lifelong friendships.
You will have a great support team that is willing to assist you in this professional growth opportunity.
Nominations are open for Director (2 year term), president-elect (3 year term) or volunteer for any on-going committee (Website, Conferences and Workshops, Social, Advocacy, Teacher of the Year, Scholarship, Finance, Codes and Constitution, community service, etc.)
Is it time for you to take the next step and consider being on the Board? If yes, please contact Yvette Ikari Yvette_Ikari/CENDO/HIDOE@notes.k12.hi.us or Shelley Fey email@example.com ASAP.