Kevin and Katie Morrow are both educators from O'Neill Public Schools in O'Neill, Nebraska where Kevin currently serves as an elementary Physical Eduaction teacher and Katie serves as the Technology Integration Specialist. Both have been instrumental in working with Apple on the concept and application of Challenge Based Learning
) as well as leading their district and beyond in its implementation. Both have been recognized as Google Certified Teachers and Apple Distinguished Educators, and enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise of technology integration with other educators around the globe.
Traditional ways of teaching knowledge and skills can be inadequate and disengaging for today's students. By embracing technology, incorporating real-world challenges, and opening opportunities for students to create innovative solutions, we can better develop self-directed, more collaborative learners. Physical Education is just one field that can benefit from this way of teaching and learning. Learn how two educators have challenged their students to develop healthier habits, promoted fitness in their communities, and extended the physical education experience beyond the classroom for their students Challenge Based Learning.
Break Out Sessions Include:
* Scooter Board Fitness and Games
* Massage Therapy with Foam Rollers
* iPads in PE
* Innovative PE
* Concussions in Hawaii High Schools? What Educators Should Know
* Historic! One United Fitness Test for All Children: Good or Evil?
* USTA Schools Tennis in PE
* The Fox Trot, Swing and Line Dances: Dances that have Changed our Country and World
* Got Pong? Table Tennis – More than Just a Game
* Got Rhythms?
Click Below to Register
2013 HAHPERD registration FINAL.doc