HAHPERD SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
DO YOU KNOW A STUDENT WHO NEEDS FINANCIAL AID TO ATTEND COLLEGE?
The Hawaii Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance offers two $750 scholarship for high school seniors and two $1250 scholarships for college/university students who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching health, physical education, dance or recreation leadership for the 2019-20 school year.
1. Must have been enrolled in any recognized high school program in Hawaii for a minimum of two years and
2. Must be accepted as an undergraduate in an accredited college or university with health, physical education, recreation and/or dance program(s) and carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours; or
3. Must be accepted to a graduate program in an accredited college or university with health, physical education, recreation and/or dance program(s) and carrying a minimum of 6 credit hours; and
4. Must have a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale cumulative high school grade-point average (for high school applicant or college grade-point average and a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the specialized field, and
5. Must declare a strong interest in preparing for a career in teaching health, physical education, dance or recreation leadership. (This scholarship does not include health professions such as medicine, occupational or physical therapy, athletic training, etc.) and
6. Must provide evidence of teaching potential in the areas of with health, physical education, recreation and/or dance
Complete application procedures and forms maybe obtained by clicking on the links below.
HAHPERD High School Scholarship Application LINK
HAHPERD Graduate Scholarship Application LINK
Students do your self a favor and call for an application form today. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The deadline for all materials to be submitted/postmarked is March 15, 2019.
Should you have any questions please contact:
Jewel Toyama at email@example.com,
(808) 949-6461 x117, fax (808) 941-2216.