Each year the National Joint Projects Office awards 10 grants to recognize Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Coordinators for their passion and contribution to the program. The $2,500 grant supports professional development and provides funds to purchase school equipment.
2016 grantees will receive:
- $1,300 professional development stipend to attend the 2016 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Minneapolis, MN from April 5-9, 2016. The stipend may be used towards convention registration, travel, lodging and/or per diem.
- One-year SHAPE America membership (if you are not a current SHAPE America member) and (1) copy of the 2014 National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education.
- $1,200 US Games gift certificate redeemable for equipment to enhance your school's physical education program. The gift voucher will be presented at the 2016 SHAPE America National Convention & Expo in Minneapolis, MN.
- Invitations to special events where you will meet physical education and JRFH/HFH leaders from around the country.
- Opportunity to share what makes your program special by contributing toThe Pulse, JRFH/HFH national newsletter.
The SHAPE America National Convention & Expo covers a wide variety of topics and are primarily research based, incorporating the most recent findings on the how students engage in physical education and activity programs. It is a great opportunity for to develop important contacts with industry experts and to gain knowledge in specific areas of physical education and health.
Click on the link below for more information and application:http://www.shapeamerica.org/jump/recognition/index.cfm